Monday, March 16, 2009

Trip to Idaho

On March 4-10 Kaylee, my Mom, and I went to Idaho to visit my sister Lindsey, her husband Brian, baby Braden, and my brother David. Dav was having his wisdom teeth out and my mom really wanted to be there for him to help him out after the surgery and everything. So at 5am on Wed. morning we left for Rexburg. The drive was pretty good, Kaylee did really well, and the roads weren't too bad. Little Braden turned 1 on March 2nd, but they were going to wait till we got there to celebrate it. So on Thursday we got to be there for the party. I can't believe Braden is 1 already! And you know what that means....Kaylee is next! Time has gone by so fast! So on Friday the real excitment began (not) it first started with Braden and then moved it's way to David(poor guy after just having his wisdom teeth out!) then Lindsey and Brian, then my mom! Everyone got the flu!!! Seeing as how we just went through this at our house the week prior, I was not thrilled. I went around washing all of Kaylee's toys, the door knobs, the light switches, everything! I really am not the type to be a germaphobic or anything, but I really didn't want Kaylee to get sick again. So luckily, I think because Kaylee had just had the flu, we were the only two that didn't get sick. Thank goodness! So around came Monday and I was talking to Lance and he said that it was snowing at home. I was like "It's snowing....in March....in WA!?" So that inspired us to look at the passes. We were planning on leaving Tues. morning, but thought that we should look at the roads anyway. What we found was not too good. So we decided it would be best if we left Monday, drove to La Grande (OR) and then finish the trip on Tues. When we woke up in La Grande on Tues. morning it was snowing really hard, and we were like "great, if it's snowing down here then I bet the little pass we have to go over right before Pendelton is going to be worse!" So being the prepared women that we are we had brought chains with us just in case. Of course we had no idea how to put them on. So we decided to chain up before we headed out that morning so we didn't have to do it on the side of the freeway. After a call to my husband and having him explain how to put chains on to me, and then to my mom (because I didn't get it) the two of us women set out to do a man's job! I was actually surprised....we had the chains on in about 10 min. and really, it wasn't that hard. So we went right up this really steep icy hill heading towards the freeway, which without chains Im sure we would have never made it. Only to our relief (and a lil dissapointment because we had just spent time putting chains on) we saw the freeway and it was totally clear, just wet pavment! So we pulled over and took the chains off. All that hard work for 5 min of driving up one hill. I suppose that was my girl scout lesson for the trip though, learning how to chain up! Around 5pm we arrived back in our beloved Puyallup, WA. No offense Idaho, but when it comes to scenery and greenery WA beats you by a long shot! Overall the trip was a lot of fun. I'm glad we could be there for David. We hope to go back and visit in the summer!

1 comment:

LundHOMEpage said...

glad you gals came to idaho....sorry you had to endure us all getting sick. thanks for degerming my house.

we love you!