Thursday, July 1, 2010

Yard Project

This post has been in the making for approximately 4 months! We totally relandscaped our front yard. Here are the pics of our workin' progress that is finally finished!


BEFORE
This is what the outside of our house looked like when we bought it in March 2007.



THE REMOVAL
The guys across the street were tearing stuff out of their yard, and were kind enough to drive the bobcat over and tear out the big UGLY Juniper bushes that were all over our yard (one huge one in front, one on the left side of the drive way, and three down in the front by the mail box!) They also asked if we wanted the trees gone while they were at it, so we said "Sure why not?!"





Im not sure we knew exactly how big of a project we were getting ourselves into, until our yard looked like a yard waste dump!
Some how my amazing husband was able to load up EVERYTHING, trees and all, and haul it all to the dump! This took quite a few trips, maybe like 10, and he did it all by himself! (seeing as how I was very pregnant at the time, and not much help)


BUILDING THE RETAINING WALL
Did I already say Lance is amazing?! I swear that man can do ANYTHING! Once again, he built this retaining wall all by himself. Lifting heavy cinder blocks and being prego don't mix!
Kaylee thought she would try and help though since I couldn't :)
BUILDING RAISED FLOWER BED

Lance hard at work on the flower bed!




We're almost there!


FINISHED!
This was the fun part that I was able to help with! So 4 months and one newborn baby later, this is what we have.....

Beautiful flowers in the flower bed instead of that big ugly bush, a new lawn, and more parking space!

We've actually got a lot of compliments from different neighbors saying, "Wow, you guys have been doin a lot of work, looks good!" I couldn't agree more!!!

1 comment:

LundHOMEpage said...

Looks good! Thanks for the before and after pictures.