This letter is to my Father in-law. He is one of the most optimistic, easy going, positive people I know. Just for a little background for those who may not know. This week Kay had some severe chest pains and after many tests, it was determined that he needed a triple bypass. Though this was scary for all of us, Kay's attitude remained positive and light-hearted. "Let's get this show on the road!", was what he said to his nurses as we were saying our 'see-ya-in-a-few-hours.'
Kay,
First of all, thank you for being such a wonderful person, and for being such a great Grandpa! The girls love you sooo much! I admire your strength, optimism, and just fun personality. I love that in hard times you do what needs to be done and put your faith in Heavenly Father. I hope and pray that this is a lesson that my girls will learn from you! I love your sense of humor and light-heartedness, you always put a smile on our faces even in times of trial. I feel you are 75 going on 50! With you still out boating in the summer and skiing in the winter! I hope that I will be as active, funny, and as full of life as you are when I'm your age! Love you lots!
Love, Meg
No comments:
Post a Comment