Sunday, May 1, 2011
Inevitable
Today Kaylee woke me up from a much needed Sunday afternoon nap saying, "Mommy I cut my hair!" Before I went to sleep I turned on Tangled for Kaylee to watch with Lance out in the living room. Lance fell asleep and Kaylee decided she wanted a new hair style! After my initial shock, the whole situation was actually quite hilarious! I guess since she sees me cut hair all the time, she thought it was perfectly ok for her to do it! Here's the pics....
I guess most kids at one point or another do something like this

The pile of hair I found on the couch where Kaylee cut her hair
There was no fixing it....it all just had to come off! :( I ended up having to cut 6.5 inches off
Oh well, it's only hair....it will grow back. I am kinda sad though, I loved her long curly red hair!
The whole time I was cutting her hair I was trying to explain to her the gavity of the situation, and her reply was, "We go get more (meaning more hair) at the store!" Of course I then had to explain that we could not go buy more hair at the store.
After her new do, she then said, "My hair all gone. My hair like Braden's now!" Yes, she does look a little bit like a boy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
hahahah!!! oh my goodness!!!
I would freak out as a mom... looks like you handled it much better than I would have!!! Good thing your great at cutting hair so you could fix it;)
Oh my!! Her hair is so short! The good news is that it will grow back. Thanks for sharing that hilarious story!
Yes you seem like you have it quite together for this dramatic day. I think I would have been sobbing....I suppose it will grow back though. Thanks for the pics.
Well I only have it together now, at first I was mad, then really sad, I almost cried! . Especially about her up coming 'Tangled' birthday party.Now I just have to think of it as funny. It will make a good story. A few years from now we will look at her 3rd bday pics and remember how she took the scissors to her own head and laugh!
What a story!! And it's great you were able to get pictures. No worries, she is still adorable!
Post a Comment