Sunday, May 29, 2011

Kaylee's 'Tangled' Birthday Party!

Last night we celebrated Kaylee's birthday with a Tangled themed party! She is in love with that movie right now, so much so that she cut off her hair....just like Rapunzel does in the end of the movie! Don't worry, I found her a Rapunzel wig to wear at her party, and she LOVED it! My sister made this super awesome banner, just like in the movie! Our main dish of the evening was Rapunzel's favorite, Hazelnut soup!









No Tangled birthday party would be complete without a Rapunzel tower cake!











Kaylee and Braden enjoying their hazelnut soup




So there's a funny story that goes with this pic. When Grammy was talking on the phone to Kaylee and asked her what she wanted for her birthday, Kaylee replied very seriously, "I want a princess motorcycle!" Looks like a princess bike was the closest they could get to a "princess motorcycle!" Thanks Grammy & Papa!





Aunt Lori got Kaylee this super cute Rapunzel doll! Kaylee absolutley LOVES it! Also, Grandma and Grandpa got Kaylee the Rapunzel dress up dress, which she also loves! I will have to dress her back up in it and get a pic....wig and all.





Thanks everyone for such a fun evening!



Kaylee 3 year update:


So much has happened in the last year, it's hard to even remember. At her 3 year check up on Friday she was 36in. tall and weighed 28lbs. Which puts her average for height and 25%tile for weight. Doc says she is a good weight for her height and is pretty much the proportions she's going to be. Kaylee is a really healthy girl, no major sicknesses other than a cold. It's nice to have a least one child that's not sick all the time!


1. With having a new baby sister, Kaylee has really had to learn how to share toys! She is way better now especially since Emma is mobile and able to get toys out for herself and get into Kaylee's things. Kaylee has adjusted really well, although she still needs reminders every once in a while that everything is not just hers anymore.


2. POTTY TRAINING! Kaylee has been fully potty trained since mid to end of Jan. I still put a pull up on her at night, though most of the mornings she wakes up dry.



3. Kaylee has become way more independant in the last year. She has always been pretty outgoing and willing to try new things on her own, but recently she just wants to do anything and everything on her own.



4. Kaylee took swimming lessons this year and LOVED it. I'm going to be one of those obnoxious moms and brag about how amazing their kid is for a min. Kaylee took to the water great, I am not exagerating when I say she was the best in her swimming class. Most of the kids freaked out especially when learning to float on their backs, Kaylee did everything so well, and several times was asked to demonstrate for the class. She could also swim by herself from one edge of the pool to the other, with the help of a little floaty ring. She also loved jumping off the side of the pool, going all the way under the water and coming back up all on her own!

4 comments:

In the Hartland said...

Well done, Megan! It was a great party with delicious food! I was actually thinking about your cupcakes in sac. mtg. today. Oops.

Our perfectly imperfect life. said...

I love the blonde hair, but I absolutely love the cute cake!

Stephanie B said...

So Cute!! Everything is adorable. The cake is great and those cupcakes looked delicious!!

Pugmire family said...

That is the cutest thing I ever saw. Evalyn is looking at the pictures and freaking out about the wig. She breathes and sleeps "Tangled". Where did you get that wig for Kaylee?