Saturday, January 14, 2012

Emma 20 Months!

I can't believe we are just 4 short months (well 3 months and 29days, since she was officially 20 mo. yesterday) away from this girl's second birthday! Not sure I did an 18month update, so here's her 20 month. Tonight is Emma's first night in her big girl bed, also sharing a room with her big sis! So far, so good! She started crying a few minutes after shutting the door, Kaylee got up to tell me she was crying, I explained that that was ok and to just go to sleep. So far it's been 1 hour and all I hear is silence!!! Whoo hoo! Today we put the new bedding I got on, painted, and moved Emma's clothes into Kaylee's dresser (which she now is sharing). So other than making the transition from crib to bed, Emma has finally started talking more and put small sentences together! She can say, Hi Dad/Mom, Bye Dad/Mom, I did it, All done, Good job. She has about 20-25 words, which I will not list, but it's nice she is finally communicating better with us! She is still a tiny little thing, weighs about 19-20 lbs. and is still in the 10th percentile across the board.  I am having a hard time finding pants that will fit her. 9-12 months pants fit her great, except they are too short! She has also started running (probably trying to keep up with big sis), although she's still a little wobbly when trying to run. I can't wait for her to meet her new little sister. She has learned that when I ask her where baby Maddie is she points to my tummy, weather she understands that there is a baby in there, I'm not sure. She has also started cuddling more! Yay! Since she was always such a busy bee from about 4 months on, I never got the cuddling newborn stage with her. Since she is getting older though, she likes to just walk over and sit down on my lap (if I'm on the floor), or crawl up on the couch to sit with me, I love it! Love you Em!
(Picture courtesy of Kaylee!)

No comments: