So here's the update on yesterday/last night...Contractions started around 4:30pm. For an hour they were 5 min. apart, had to breathe through them, hadn't been feeling baby move much at all that day. So around 5:30 I called L&D. They wanted me to drink some water, take a bath, and evaluate for another hour and call back with an updated. Did all that. Bath didn't help (if anything it annoyed me becuase I was in pain AND was now wet!), still hadn't felt baby move much. So they wanted me to come in. They checked me, I was still what I was from my last dr. appt. so no further dilation. The dr. came in and said my contractions looked "text book perfect" so she wanted me to stay for another hour and walk and see if we could get some progress going. So we walked all over that darn hospital and....NOTHING! No progress...ugh! So since it had been a couple hours with no progress, they were sending me home. (by now it was like 10pm) Told me most likely this was prelabor, and gave me a sleeping pill to help me sleep though the contractions I was STILL having. I was starving and exhausted so I was thankful for the sleeping pill. They told me the sleeping pill would either A: Help me to relax/sleep and that would probably help things pick up. Or B: I would be able to relax/sleep and they would slow down/stop. I thought for sure we would be back at the hospital later that night or this morning/today sometime, but this morning I woke up to only a few contractions. They are not nearly as strong as they were last night, and not every 5 min. :( So it was a long/frustrating night last night. We'll see what happens over the weekend though.
1 comment:
So More Castor Oil then?? Bwahahahahaha!!! Just kidding! Sorry it was SUCH a bad night! She's just holding off so you can come to the party tomorrow!
Post a Comment