Saturday, October 5, 2013

1 Year Post Op

I can't believe it's been a year since my surgery! I went back to my post last year on the surgery and re-read it! I feel like so much has happened since then, and that I am a completely different person now than I was then. I have a new appreciation for my body that I could not have learned any other way. If you want to read (or re-read), last years surgery post go here.  There was about a week where I was 100% incapable of doing ANYTHING for myself. Lance had to feed, clothe, and bathe me. I remember just opening my eyes and looking around took a lot of work, and made me feel soo soo sick. It was an incredibly humbling experience, and the hardest thing physically I have EVER had to go through. Having babies was a piece of cake compared to this! I am so thankful I went through this though! I now know just how amazing the human body is! It is my machine! There is no limit to what I can do physically. I truly LOVE everything about my body, and will never stop pushing myself to its limits! I can say with all honesty that I am 100% comfortable now in my own skin and being who I am. Where, as a year ago, I couldn't say that. I have learned and grown so much! I will just keep getting better and stronger! So, what better way to celebrate than to sign-up for my first marathon? Yep, just registered for the 2014 Seattle Rock n Roll Marathon! (Also on the calendar for next year (more details to come) is to summit Mt. Rainier with my very favorite cousin Jessica.)
October 5th, 2012 Just out of surgery


October 5th, 2013

No comments: