Monday, December 16, 2013

Whidbey Island

Every once in a while Mom and Dad just need to get away! One thing I've learned in 8 years of marriage, is that we definitely function better on regular weekly date nights! All the craziness of the past few months really has taken a toll on us, and me personally. While checking my email one day, I saw a Groupon for a pretty awesome deal for a two night stay at The Captain Whidbey Inn on Whidbey Island. I knew this is exactly what we, (ahem, I) needed! So I booked it! I called Lance's BOA and made sure his schedule was clear, and even arranged for Grandma and Grandpa (Jacobsen) to take the girls for a few days! Here are a few pics of our little getaway!


Deception Pass
The Inn
Loved this place! Had a very rustic-romantic feel. I kept telling Lance "I feel like we are in one of those Copules retreat movies" It definitely felt like a bed and breakfast. I LOVED it! There was a couple that checked in the same time we did, that we sorta became friends with. They were an older couple, but we kept running into them while we were out and about touring the town and little shops. We even decided to head over to a little Pub and have dinner/watch the Seahawks game together! So so fun!!!


This lodge was built in the early 1900's, had lots of cool old clocks, telephones, record players, old photos, etc.
Cocoa in front of the fire in the lobby after dinner. Lance picking out his future yacht! Haha!

No comments: