Monday, April 7, 2014

Half way



As of this past Saturday, I am 8 weeks into my marathon training! That means I am half way done! I can't believe how fast it has gone by. So far it has been GREAT! I haven't had any injuries, or missed a single run. I am soo soo happy about this. Saturday's run was a half marathon (13.1 miles) It actually was my favorite "long run" yet. The first 8-9 miles were easy peasy! They seriously just flew by. Miles 10-11 were a little tough, but nothing that a good self pep talk couldn't get me through. Then, the last 2 miles I got this burst of adrenaline and practically sprinted up the hill to our road! I have been training to start out super slow 10:30-11 min/mile and then pick it up at the end. So far so good! After that run, I was like "I feel like I could have easily gone another 4-5 miles! This was a huge relief cause the 16, 18, & 20 mile runs scare the crap out of me. Now, I know I am totally capable of doing them. This past weekends half marathon was way easier than the previous weekend's 12miles! Now must 8 more weeks to go....it's all down hill from here!

No comments: