Sunday, June 29, 2014

Summer Regional 2014

We had a blast at another Summer Regional! I was a little worried since we have moved, and are now in a different region. I absolutely LOVED our last region, we really were treated like family there! I was so happy to find that even though I loved our last region, I think I loved THIS region even more!!! There seemed to be a lot more younger families with kids our kids' age! It was awesome! Kaylee and Emma quickly made new best friends that never left their side the entire weekend! We stayed at the beautiful Alderwood Resort and Spa right on the Hood Canal! Ashley got to spend the weekend with her cousins and Aunt Lindsey! Although we missed her, it was fun just having the older girls, since there weren't a lot of "baby friendly" activities.


Girls playing in our room

Lance teaching Kaylee how to skip rocks.

As always the child care area that was provided was AMAZING! Each day the girls enjoyed crafts, music, games, and a buffet that was always filled with crackers, fruit, cheese sticks, cookies, juices, & water. The last night, while the parents were at the awards dinner and reception, the kids had a pizza movie night!
Kaylee with her new friend Abby!
Pool time!
These girls were wiped out at the end of each day. They spent each and every day playing and eating, we never made it back to the room before 9pm!


S'mores

This was the funnest dinner night (other than the fancy awards dinner with just the FA's and spouses) There was tons of food (as usual) and a live band! Kaylee, Emma, and their friends danced the night away, then enjoyed miniature apple pies and ice cream. It was so late by the time Kaylee was ready to have some dessert, we decided to take it back to the room with us. These were Kaylee's exact words as we were walking out of the big ball room back to the elevator to our room.....Said in her best French accent! "My Mom is sooo lovely, she is letting me take this (then would show her bowl of delicious dessert) back to our fancy hotel room!" I'm pretty sure this was inspired by all the Fancy Nancy books she's been reading! 

Whenever the tide was out, the girls and their friends had fun searching the "beach" for crabs, rocks, or anything that was "from the sea!"
The shore was filled with tons of clams and oysters!
Awards dinner night!
I am so incredibly proud of Lance! He has worked so hard this past year, and received several awards!
Lance receiving his Prospecting award. This award can only be won once, and HAS to be earned in an FA's first year. The FAs consider this one of the most important awards to receive!
Lance with his awards and our Regional leader, Julie Batterman.

The girls at breakfast. Never have I had such a fancy breakfast! EJ paid for everyone to dine at the waterfront restaurant inside the hotel the last morning before heading home. The food was SO amazing! I think so far one of my favorite "perks" of Lance's job is the food! EJ always pays for everything, it's always at the best restaurants, and you can order as much as you want!

No comments: