Friday, October 31, 2014
What's an LL?
I'm not quite sure how to start this post, or even, how to put all the thoughts that have been swirling around in my head lately down in written form. So I suppose I will just start typing and hopefully somehow it will all make sense. I started this blog right after I found out I was pregnant with our first daughter, Kaylee. Since then it has been filled mainly with baby pics, holidays, growth stats, first steps, first words, family events, etc....the everyday happenings of having and raising babies in the Jacobsen household. And has also served as our family's journal, scrapbook, record keeping, whatever you want to call it. I love that I have it and have a way to document all the amazing memories we have experience thus far. I am not one to spend tons of time putting together a scrapbook that looks like it was made by Martha Stewart. Although, I wish I could.....there are some incredibly talented women out there who have some of the cutest scrapbooks around! (Ahem, my sis!) ;) Although my blog will continue to be a place overloaded with pictures and memories of the kids/family, I want to start adding in what I like to call, LL's. Life Lessons. I truly feel like ever since giving birth to our last little girl, I have grown and matured in a million different ways, and along that journey, have learned some pretty awesome Life Lessons. Things I want my girls to know and learn as well. (Oh, if only I had learned some of them a little sooner) So this is mainly for them. As a teenager, I really liked keeping a journal. It was a way for me to channel all the frustrations, sadness, and heartbreak I was feeling with living and being raised in not always the happiest of a home. Don't get me wrong there were some good times, but I found it to be therapeutic through both the good and bad. Now, as a busy Mom...simply put, I am just too darn tired at the end of the day to add "writing in my journal nightly" to the list. However, for quite a while now, I have felt the need to get some of my thoughts and lessons I have learned out and down on paper. So this is for me personally as well. I will just do one at a time, when I get a quiet moment. They may be long, they may be short. I will try to be as transparent as possible for my girls' sake. That way they will be able to go back and read/see inside the heart of their Mama. Since I know that's a side of me they probably won't/don't see on a daily basis. There is so much I want them to know and teach them, this will be just another way (in addition to what I'm already doing) of accomplishing that. So now when you girls see a post labeled LL, you will know what it is!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment