Friday, March 11, 2016

Flash Back Friday

I can't believe it's taken me so long to get around to printing some pictures from Rainier! I have been feeling the climbing itch sooo bad lately! Can't really plan another Rainier climb though since I am now marathon training again, but I'm thinking I'll talk my bro/sis in-law into making a trek up to Muir again this spring! I'll just use it in place of one of my Saturday long runs! :D
 Julie and I eating dinner at Camp Muir before trying to get a couple hours sleep before heading for Summit (Summit push started at 11:30pm, reached summit at 8:20 am!)

One of the many crevasse crossings. You can see the narrow little flat "trail" we are on, clipped into the fixed rope. If you were not clipped in and were to slip, you'd slide directly into the crevasse we are crossing.....dragging your team with you! I've never been afraid of heights but I remember at this section seeing the incredibly steep slope directly to the right of my feet, and feeling my stomach start doing flips.  Although a little scary, this section was breathtakingly beautiful!

No comments: