Saturday, June 18, 2016

Marathon!

Today I completed my 2nd marathon! It went fairly well (considering), around mile 6 I felt a slight pop that sent sharp shooting pain from my Achilles up my calf.....not a good sign. I stopped for a quick minute to rub and stretch it out a bit, and just kept going, knowing I would probably be in agony by mile 26! I have never EVER had an Achilles issue on any run, ever! Don't know what happened today, but that aside, everything else could not have gone better!!! Yes, I was forced to slow down quite a bit, but I am so so happy with how everything else felt physically, mentally, emotionally! My ankle could have easily thrown me into a miserable 2nd half of the race, but my spirits stayed high and I was able to push through! Couldn't ask for more than that! I never hit "the wall", or felt like I was going to die. What a great day!!!! Huge thanks to my amazing hubby, 3 girls, Mom, and in-laws that came to support me! It means more than you know!


Saw my "cheer squad" at the half, and Kaylee ran over to me so we ran for a bit holding hands, then Emma (who had followed along) reached up for me, so I scooped her up and ran carrying her for a few feet. They kept me going, and gave me the greatest energy boost right when I needed it! What troopers! 
Getting medical after the race. Oh the ice felt soooo good! Wrapped my hip (precautionary), and my bum ankle. 

26.2 Done!


No comments: