Saturday, May 15, 2010

Emma Rose

Lance and I are now the proud parents to two beautiful little girls. I was induced on Thurs. (May 13th) morning. I was a little nervous about being induced just because I had heard that your labor is usually longer and harder. However, in my case this was just the opposite! I was started on pitocin at 8:30am (I was at 4cm when we got to the hospital) and within an hour and a half I was at 6cm and 75% effaced. They then asked me if I wanted an epidural....is that even a question?! Thanks to the wonderful Dr. Nelson I got it right away and felt much better! They checked me again at 11am and were like, "well you're still about the same (6cm & 75 %) it could still take a few hours." I was thinking, "Well now that I can't feel anything, I'm in no rush, I can sit here all day and wait. I'll just take a little nap." Little did I know I would not even have to wait an hour! I started to feel some pressure, but not painful at all, so I just figured that was Emma making her way down into my pelvis more. A nurse came in to see how I was doing and turn up the pitocin and asked if I was feeling any pressure. So I told her yes, but nothing too bad. She said she would take a peek to see if any more progress was being made. She then looked up and was like, "Umm you're at +2 and I can see the baby's head!" Suddenly the room was filled with about 4 or 5 nurses and they were telling me to get ready to do one "practice" push. So I did that and then they were yelling to someone to call Dr. Wong back again and tell her to RUN, cause this baby was about to be born! Suddenly a nurse looked up at me a said, "Stop pushing! Pant!" My respose, "Im NOT pushing!" My nurse then was ordering someone to hurry up and get her some gloves because this baby was coming out weather we wanted her to or not, and that they were going to be the ones delivering it. (This all happening within about 5min) So the gloves went on, they told me to push once, and at 11:47am Emma was born!!! Start to finish my labor lasted 3 hrs. 17 min! Talk about fast, my hair and make up were even somewhat still intact!
Before pitocin

Just seconds old!


Introducing Emma Rose Jacobsen! 7lbs 4oz. 20 inches long. A little bit of light brown hair....I'm thinking it might turn blonde!



Emma definitley looks different than Kaylee did as a newborn (although, they have the same noses...my nose) Kaylee has her Daddy's round face with the adorable cheeks. Emma looks almost identical to my newborn baby pictures!


Kaylee was a little scared I think at first. She looked very confused/worried.


First picture with our newest addition!


Me and my girls!



Kaylee starting to warm up to her





Our little Rose-bud


Love this picture!

Getting ready to go home! :)


Kaylee is having so much fun with Emma now. She always wants to hold her and kiss her, it's adorable!

Kaylee counting Emma's fingers


I feel so blessed to have this new little baby in our family! She is just so sweet! Kaylee is adjusting amazingly well. She loves to go over and "check" on her and bring her things. Kaylee is always trying to "show" Emma her stuffed animals. Having a sister is the best thing in the world! I'm so glad we were able to give Kaylee one! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is sooo adorable!! I'm glad everything went well for your delivery!

In the Hartland said...

Congrats, Megan! What an amazing delivery you had!!! Hope you are getting some sleep.