Thursday, May 20, 2010
First Week
We have officially made it through our first week with two children. All in all it's been pretty ok, kinda crazy. I have been on a hormonal/emotional rollercoaster, along with that and next to no sleep, I think my body is on survival mode. So that has been really hard. Lance has been home all week, which has been a big help, hopefully he can put up with my crazy mood swings. Kaylee is adjusting extremely well. When Emma starts crying, she comes and tells me, "Mommy, baby Emma crying" and then trys to calm her down by bringing me her binky or blanket. It's so cute! Emma has been sleeping for about 4 hours at a time at night, but dosen't want to fall asleep till about 2am. I have been trying to get her to figure out her days and nights, she has them backwards! So here's to another crazy week, hopefully this one will be a little smoother as I try to get Emma on some sort of schedule.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hang in there. To quote my mother, "You'll turn a corner at two months," and that really was the case for me and Lia.
Glad that Kaylee is adjusting so well and that Lance has been there to help you!
When I had my little boy he had the hardest time going to sleep before 2 am also. We would try really hard to keep him awake during the evenings but that didn't even seem to help. Gradually he went to sleep earlier and earlier and now he will sleep from 10 - 6! He has been doing that for about 1 month now and he will be 3 months tomorrow. Having 2 kids is rough but somehow I get it done everyday :) Hang in there. THings will get better I promise!!!
Post a Comment