Monday, April 2, 2012

Zoo Trip

It was so beautiful today I knew I had to get the girls outside one way or another. We have been to the park a lot lately and so I wasn't thrilled at the thought of doing another park run. I wanted something different, something fun, and something that would get us out of the house for most of the day. So to the zoo it was!!! (Also, I had heard there were new baby leopard cubs right now at Pt. Defiance so I thought it would be so fun to get to see them) Had I thought of this grand idea earlier in the day, we would have been packed and out the door after the haircut I did this morning. But I didn't. I really wanted someone to come with us, but seeing as how this was a very spontaneous/last minute decision to go to the zoo....I called the only person I could think of that might be able to drop everything and come with us....my Mom! Kaylee was so excited Gram was coming with us. I threw together lunches and some snacks, and we were off!!! This was Emma's first trip to the zoo, and she really seemed to enjoy it! Here are some pictures from our fabulous day at the zoo!

Here are the two baby leopard cubs. They were so cute, they sleep most of the time, but the keepers had just got done feeding them so they were out and awake. So fun! Just wish I gotten a better picture.

He's kinda hard to see (down in the shadow), but the tiger walked right down in front of us.




These monkeys were so funny! I swear they were showing off for everyone that was watching. Swinging about and landing in the little hanging cots staring right back at everyone.

Emma thought the monkeys were really funny!
 Me and my 3 girls at the zoo!!!
 Kaylee LOVED the shark tank!

 I swear this expression didn't leave Emma's face the whole day!
The walruses were HUGE! Pretty cool!

1 comment: