Ashley Mae Jacobsen was born Thursday May 10th, 2012 @ 4:40pm. She weighed 8lbs. 6oz and was 20.5inches long. We got to the hospital around 7:30am and I was hooked up to pitocin at 9:30am. After several hours of hard labor I was at 7cm and they wanted to break my water to help Ashley come down more and speed things up, since I knew I wanted an epidural we decided we should do that first because Dr. was afraid if she broke my water I would go too fast and I wouldn't get an epidural! (Yikes!) The contractions I was having while getting the epidural were almost unbearable! The worst pain I have ever felt in my life! Right after the epidural was in (still took about 20 min to start working) they checked me and I was at an 8 and was starting to go into "transition!" So they broke my water and.....nothing really happened! Ashley came down a little bit, but must have just wanted to stay in there becuase I stayed at 8cm for several more hours. Finally around 4:30pm we were ready to start pushing! After 7hours of labor and two pushes (2 contractions worth that is, so I guess 4 pushes....however you wanna count it) Ashley was born!
2 comments:
she's perfect. I loved holding her
Congrats, Megan!! I'm glad everything went well....still can't believe you got away with ONLY TWO PUSHES! Lucky girl. Try and get some sleep these next few days and I'll see you on Wed. night with some dinner!
Post a Comment