Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What's in a name?!

First off I want everyone to know this decision was not made lightly. After weeks of prayer and consideration we have decided to change Maddie’s name. Her name will be Ashley Mae Jacobsen.  When we were first thinking of names for her our two names that it came down to were Ashley and Madison (but we would call her Maddie). I LOVED the name Maddie, and Lance wanted to name her Ashley (although I really liked the name Ashley too I just like Maddie a little bit better). However from the time she was a week or so old I really have been having a hard time with her name. Maddie just wasn’t her name, it just didn’t feel right (if you know what I mean).  I blew it off and figured I just needed to “get used to” her name. I began praying about it since I kept getting the prompting that we needed to change it and got the strong feeling that we should go ahead and change it.  It’s taken this long for us to  officially do it mostly because I kept thinking it was already too late, thinking people would think I was crazy for changing my child’s name this late, etc. But today I got another strong prompting that we should change it. So I finally was like Ok, if we are going to change it we need to do it now before she gets any older. I brought it up to Lance again and he was like, “I’ve always thought it should be Ashley.” Guess I should have listened to him the first time! So I know that we are probably crazy for changing her name after she just turned 2 months old, but hey, it will make a great story right?!  I truly feel like Ashley has always been her name, and the good news is Kaylee and Emma love it too! (I was afraid they would be a little confused by us changing it) When I asked Kaylee if she thought we should change Maddie’s name she said very enthusiastically, “Yeah!” then I asked her what we should change it to and she said, “Ashley!” Guess it was meant to be! Haha! So I figured posting this on here would be the easiest way to let everyone know of the change, and I could explain a little bit of why we decided to do so. Love you Ashley! ;)  

1 comment:

Our perfectly imperfect life. said...

hahaha, this is an awesome post!!! i like ashley too! its all good, and it makes for a great story! i might accidently call her maddie though til i get use to ashley! lol i better tell easton his girlfriends name is changed! :)