Thursday, October 18, 2012

Goals!

At the end of July this year we re-established our membership over at the gym. I was still having the hardest time with some major post partum depression, and desperatley needed some "me" time every day! (was actually doctor's orders) Since then, the gym has become my solace, my sanctuary, the place I can go when I'm stressed and need some time to myself. In August I made a commitment to really get myself back in shape after having Ashley. I really wanted to lose all or most of the baby weight by the time Ashley was 6months old (Nov). I worked out harder than I ever have in my life! And I have grown to LOVE it!!! Who woulda though you could become addicted to working out!? Well I did, and am! I't been so hard not being able to go the gym everyday and kick my own butt since having the surgery! With our membership at the gym we get one free presonal training session a month. They take your weight and measurements, and do a workout with you. Well tonight was my first post surgery (Post on that soon to come) workout with Lance. It was kind of slow at the gym when we got there, and after doing some cradio a trainer asked us if we had had our free training session for Oct. I told her about my surgery so of course I hadn't and neither had Lance. So she offered to do one right then and there. The great thing about it was I actaully have been dying to know what my weight and measuments were since I don't own a scale, and never stop to use the one at the gym. I knew I had lost quite a bit last month since that's when I really kicked it into high gear, with a pre-workout supplement, post workout protien, and hitting the gym 60-90 minutes 6 days a week(and sometimes going twice a day even!) So I couldn't have been happier when I stepped on that scale and realized in the past 8 weeks I have lost 14lbs!!! Yes, I am back to the weight I was when I got pregnant with Ashley (actually 2 lbs under!) I am 3 weeks and 2 days shy of Ashley turning 6 months old! It is such a good feeling to set goals, work your butt off (literally!), and see your accoplishments! My ultimate goal was also to be back to pre-Emma (since that is when I was my smallest) weight by Christmas! Looks like I'm right on track, have about another 10-12lbs to go! I got this!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats girl!!! That is AMAZING and I am SO proud of you!!! I agree with you......working out IS addicting! :) I'm right there with you! LOVE it!

Stephanie B said...

That is so awesome!!! I'm so excited for you.