Thursday, September 12, 2013

Rock 'n' Roll!

Call me crazy, but I am ecstatic about this! June 21, 2014 I will be running my first marathon!!! Yes, that's 26.2 miles! (Ahhh!) I have fallen in love with running and have ALWAYS wanted to do a marathon (even before I became a runner). This is a huge bucket list item for me, and I am also excited that my sister and brother inlaw will be running it with me! I know this will push my body to its absolute edge! And frankly, I am terrified! But that is exactly what fuels me to push myself and do it! I am an extremely competitive person, and that is why I love running so much! It's a competition against yourself....to be able to break PR after PR! Just this past weekend I set a new PR for myself, 8miles 9:02 pace! Adrenaline and endorphins are my drug, I am seriously addicted! I have increased my running a bit (about 18-20 miles a week), but won't start seriously training for this till February! Also, I have to give credit to someone who is a huge running inspiration to me....my friend Jill! She ran her first marathon just 6 months after having a baby, and will do this one next year with me just 5 months after having her second!!! Talk about AMAZING! Even though I am terrified, I feel like if she can do it, I can do it! It's will be awesome to have family and friends running this with me next year, I KNOW I will need the support!!!



No comments: