Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Chicago: Day1


Wednesday August 20th, 2014 we took off for Chicago! This was our first stop on our 12 day kid-free vacation! I was super excited since I have never been there and I would be getting a chance to see a bit of Lance's old mission stopin' grounds. It has been 11 years since Lance was last there so he was really looking forward to taking a little trip down memory lane. 
Flying over the city
Just got off the El and walking 2 blocks to our Hotel
We stayed at the Silversmith Hotel right in the downtown Loop. It was so beautiful inside and had a gorgeous view of the city.
Not sure about you, but whenever I stay at a hotel I can't fight the urge to run and flop on the bed!

We only had a day and a half to be in Chicago and wanted to see as much as possible, so we quickly checked in, unpacked, changed clothes, and headed out to Sears Tower before meeting up for dinner with one of Lance's colleagues, Patrick, and his girlfriend, Anne.

Viewing deck! There were these cool glass cubes that extended out and hung outside the building.
View of the Hancock building from 104 floors up!
Pushups looking 104 floors down to the city streets! It was awesome! I am not usually scared of heights but my stomach did a few somersaults looking straight down!

Buckingham fountain


Right in the little square where the fountain was we met a street artist named Robert, who drew a picture of Lance and I. (He drew Lance first, so I jumped up and snapped a pic)
My first REAL Chicago pizza! Was more like a pie! SOOO good!!!
After dinner we hit Navy Pier for the fireworks show that they do every Wednesday evening. We then took a walk around the city where we ran into a cool interpretive dance/ concert that was going on in the outdoor theatre next to The Bean!

No comments: