At the end of September when the letter came home from school talking about the up coming school play, I thought nothing of it. (I was actually surprised an elementary school would take on such a big project...we didn't have school plays till jr. high!) The next day Kaylee came home begging to be in it. "Well, looks like you have to audition", I said. She was thrilled! She told the music teacher she wanted to do it, got the script, decided which part she wanted to audition for, practiced, set up her audition time, and got the part! (Bird #2 to be exact!) All of this without any prompting from me. This turned out to be a huge commitment (which I was ok with since she was so into it, and did basically everything herself, minus the driving to and from practices.) I honestly though had no idea how good she really was until the night of the show! I was FLOORED! And I'm not just saying that because she is my daughter and I think everything she does is great, she really was amazing. Facial expressions, voice projection, body language, EVERYTING was so in character I had to remind myself she was a 3rd grader! (the youngest class in the play). She absolutely loved every minute of it, and says she can't wait till next year's play! I was speechless watching her perform. Lance and I just looked at each other like...Is that OUR daughter up there?! I was epic!!! Way to go Kaylee, so proud of you!










No comments:
Post a Comment