Thursday, January 7, 2016

Bday LL!


So today is my last day in my 20's I've had tons of different thoughts on how I feel about turning 30. This pretty much sums them all up! I think I like who I am becoming! Till I was about 26 I felt like I had to appease everyone, always say yes, play nice, be friends to and with everyone..,.basically mold myself to fit in with what everyone else was doing, and what others think I should be. Be the perfect Mom, perfect wife, perfect Christian. Maybe to make up for mistakes I made as a teenager, and maybe because I just didn't have the confidence or self esteem in who I was. So I learned to project this image of what I "should" be. Over the last several years though I've (thankfully) learned to be 100% ok with who I am. I'm not perfect. Ive got a lot of weaknesses, but am genuinely trying to turn them into strengths. I'm sarcastic and can be a bit of a smart a$$, I love makeup, heels, and getting dolled up, BUT I love roughing it in the outdoors and playing football with the boys just as much. I have 3 daughters I love doing things with and think it's fun at times to try and be Super Mom, BUT I definitely need my "me" time. I am so much more than "just a mom." (Yes, other moms will judge/criticize you if you for one second have dreams or goals for yourself that don't involve your children) I've grown mentally, spiritually, & emotionally. I've cut toxic people out of my life and don't even apologize for it. Sounds cliche but if you honestly just be yourself, the right friends will find you. I've been blessed with friends that feel more like family. I've also been blessed with friends who've treated me like crap. I honestly have learned the most from them. (Everything I don't want!  😉) it's made me stronger and my skin thicker. The 20's were great, but believe the 30's will be amazing!!! Ok, ramblings over now! If you read all that, you are either awesome or bored. (I'm going with AWESOME!😘) Cheers to turning 30! 


No comments: